Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wholly Heck is it Saturday already?

I can't believe how fast the past week has gone. Is this what working life is like? I remember working. I did it for a few years before I had children. I actually had adult conversations with people, and I had complete phone conversations without someone needing their butt wiped or a refill of grape juice.

As I mentioned before, I hung at out the church office this week answering the phone and doing random office duties. Like printing things and signing for packages. Good times.

I think I also mentioned the three pounds that I found last weekend. Well as of Friday they're mostly gone. But I've decided to stop stepping on the scale on Monday. I know daily weighing works for some people but it just makes me neurotic. Here's why:
If my weight is up on Monday, then I freak out and get really strict for the whole week. If I'm not up on Monday, then I allow myself a little leeway here and there and then I end up being up on Friday. If that happens, then I get really strict through the weekend and whole next week and weigh every day until the scale starts going down again. And seriously, all this anguish is usually only over about 1-2 pounds. What's up with that?? Why not just weigh on Friday like I'm supposed to and then eat RESPONSIBLY (there's a concept) for the whole week. Then *theoretically* there should be no surprises the next Friday when I weigh again. Ugh. I'm a basket case. Please tell me I'm not alone. Help me out here. Lie to me if you have to. I'm okay with that.

So this week I was pretty good. I stayed OP all week pretty much. I don't really count points anymore. I usually eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and I have a variety of recipes I use that are in a certain point range so I know approximately how many points I've eaten but not exactly. I also went to Jazzercise 4 days. The good thing is that I'm feeling it. My butt muscles are sore. My triceps are sore. And don't even get me started on my abs. Even though I was working out 3 days a week, I wasn't feeling it anymore and now I am so that must mean something's working right? It's also nice to workout without having to worry about what the kids are doing. Jazzercise has child care so it's truly MY time. When I worked out at home it was when Lulu was sleeping in the next room. Wingnut would play downstairs and I was always worried that I would wake Lulu up or Wingnut would stomp up the stairs and wake her up before I got done. Now I can workout without any worries *and* still get stuff done while the girlie naps.

Alright. I should go and rustle up some grub. I'm so on top of things. I already have some ground beef/turkey ready for dinner. All I have to do is throw it together with something and it's good to go. So why is my dad suggesting pizza as I'm typing this? This may get ugly folks...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jenna loving your blog so far. U need to post some before and after pics. And I used to be an every day weigher....and EVERY day I would either beat myself up or slack. It's a no-win situation! Keep up the good work.