Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One down, four to go

One night of Vacation Bible School down, 4 to go. Last night went pretty well if I do say so myself. It's one of those things where the preparation is the hard part. The night flowed pretty well. Four more nights to go though.

Today is a great day! It's the first day in a long time where I haven't had something I have to do or somewhere I have to go. The kids and I went to Jazzercise this morning and then CAME HOME! Can you believe it? Woohoo! Now wingnut is watching Spongebob and I'm getting ready to make lunch. I'm debating between a turkey sandwich (which is what I typically have) or the new Healthy Choice soup that I bought yesterday. It's Chicken Tortilla. It's the first time I've seen it in the store and I'm curious how it tastes. I know I like the Beef Pot Roast. I used to eat it on the days that I worked because it was easy to take with me. The Minestrone is okay. I bought it last week by mistake and while it was good, it wasn't as good as the Beef Pot Roast. So it's between the turkey sandwich and the soup. And I'll make a nice fruit salad with the kiwi, strawberries and bananas I bought yesterday.

Speaking of Jazzercise (I did mention it somewhere in this post right? So technically we were speaking of it??)...I'm going to be a class manager starting next week. I'm pretty excited because not only will I get my Jazszercise for free, I'll also get to meet new people. It's hard for me to get to know people really well in an environment like Jazzercise. I'm not one for small talk AT ALL. It just sounds so fake when I try it. I can't just strike up a conversation with someone on my way out with a "Great class, huh?" or "I can't believe it's so hot already!" I'm a reasonable friendly person, I just don't like to talk unless I have something to say that I think people will care about. So it usually takes me a long time to get to know people. But since I'm going to be a class manager, I'll get to talk t o everyone who comes.

Eating has been pretty good this week. I had my typical breakfast yesterday of 2 lightly salted rice cakes with a tbsp of peanut butter. The peanut butter is the key. I can usually make it until lunch with that breakfast. Lunch was a turkey sandwich, some baked Cheetos and a WW yogurt. The Cherry Cheesecake one. It is just about the most awesomest thing ever. If you haven't tried it, you MUST do so...wiki wiki. (Wiki Wiki is Hawaiian for quickly by the way. One of the many things I've learned at Vacation Bible School so far! :) ) Dinner was another turkey sandwich, chips and some grapes. I had a fruit kebob left over from the kids' snacks and a peanut butter cookie. The workers are fed at church so I didn't have too much of a choice about dinner. That's why I had 2 turkey sandwiches yesterday. Tonight is hot dogs which I'm not thrilled about but I also don't have time to make dinner here so...it is what it is.

Anyway, I think I've gone on long enough. The wingnut wants lunch and I should feed myself and the girlie too. Apparently kids need to be fed on a regular basis. Who knew?

No comments: