Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

Is it? Is it really a happy Tuesday? I hope it is for you. I got my hair cut this morning so that's always a good day.

This week is going to be busy. I'm working at church this week answering phones because our secretary is out of town. Next week is Vacation Bible School (which my friend and I are in charge of) so this week is busy planning and getting everything together to make sure we don't make a complete mess of everything. This is our first year doing it so I'm sure we'll learn a lot (and not necessarily in a good way). So all of this working and planning makes it very hard for me to get to Jazzercise. I went yesterday. I'm thinking about going tonight after I go home and make dinner. Then the fam can eat while I go get my groove on.

I really need to go after the weekend I had. It was, shall we say, out of control. Well not the whole weekend, just Friday and Sunday. Friday night we went out and spent an outrageous amount of money and POINTS at the sushi buffet. But oh my...It was so good. I only went back for seconds but my plate was pretty full. I did, however, make sure to have two big helpings of steamed veggies. So then, instead of taking advantage of the dessert buffet (which was already included in the outrageous sushi buffet price), we decided to go across town to the local ice cream store complete with the slab of marble used to mix delicious treats in with the scoop of ice cream as big as my son's head. And again we paid an obscene amount of money for calories, fat and high fructose corn syrup in the form of birthday cake ice cream with cookie dough mixed in. Oy. Then Sunday. Father's Day. Steak. Salad. Potatoes. Bread. Enough said. I jumped on the scale yesterday morning to see the damage. I was up 3.5 pounds from Friday. Again I'll say, I really need to go to Jazzercise tonight. The past three weeks have been crazy with a weekend away and two weeks of company and I think it's all starting to catch up to me. I got back OP yesterday and I already feel better. I'm sure some of the 3.5 pounds is water so hopefully the scale will right itself by Friday.

Tomorrow is movie day. Yay! One of the movie theaters here shows kids movies every Tuesday and Wednesday for 50 cents. It's a great, cheap way to get out of the house and stay out of the heat. Tomorrow is Alvin and the Chipmunks. Love that movie!

No comments: